17 January 2014

Wedding Insurance

I was sorting out my car insurance the other month with my local broker and wondered about wedding insurance. I found out that this doesn't cost too much but protects a lot of things.

So I did some research:
With the average wedding costing £18,000 and the hiring of many different, and disparate contractors, it makes sense to protect that money. You want your wedding day to go just the way you planned it so it only makes sense to protect that dream. 

Your bigger contractors should all have public liability and professional indemnity insurance - I do and renew every year so that my customers and clients are protected (and so am I for that matter).
 
I asked my insurance broker - Independent Insurance Bureau Ltd - if they do much wedding insurance and they said that they do. However, they added, they wished more brides came to see them about a year before the big day that way they could make sure everything is covered, that every eventuality is considered along every step of the way to your big day. No-one wants to be left with egg on their face, bills to pay when no-one has turned up or being let down by suppliers leaving you high and dry - so insurance makes a lot of sense.


Worth doing - for peace of mind, if nothing else

IIB have a proposal form that you can pick up and complete to get the ball rolling or you can call in and have a chat about your plans - they are a really helpful lot at IIB and have offices in Ashby de la Zouch, Loughborough, Coalville and Ibstock.  For the peace of mind it offers - I would say wedding insurance is a must and it doesn't cost too much.

Win Win Win I say.  

. . . o 0 o . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment